Sustainability & Transformation Plan (STP)
You may have heard of the STP. Newham CCG is working with neighbouring boroughs and has said that "STPs sets out how local health service will transform and become sustainable in the next five years". The priorities include urgent and emergency care, mental health, cancer and maternity. Some Newham residents attended a public event at Stratford Circus in February 2017, where speakers from the North East London CCGs talked about plans and heard local people's views. Newham Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) is planning future events, the first one to take place in June 2017.
We have informed the CCG and Newham Health and Wellbeing Board of local residents' initial views so far, which include:
• Wecloming extended GP opening hours from 8am to 8pm and at the weekend and also plans to review how to improve the appointments system and services available through GPs. However, residents said that the quality of the service remains the most important point.
• Residents are keen to hear about care closer to home, and how services that are currently provided in hospitals will be designed to be located together and in community areas.
• There are concerns about the lack of translation and interpretation services and about the standard of some GP premises.
• Residents want to know about finances and how budget cuts may affect services and also, how savings can be made.
• It's important that the CCG keeps residents informed, consults and also tells people what it has done (or not) in response to feedback on services.
The engagement and development of the STP is at the early stages, but you can find out more about the North East London Sustainability and Transformation Plan.