If you are over 18 years old, do not have any COVID-19 symptoms and...
- Provide care (paid or unpaid)
- Live with a vulnerable person, such as grandparents or someone with a long-term condition OR
- Get out of the house for work
You can now get tested twice a week in Newham cost-free. This will help pick up a COVID-19 infection early and reduce the risk to others.
You do not have to be a Newham resident to get tested if you work in the borough.
How does it work?
You book an appointment or walk-in to one of the rapid testing centres in Newham. On the day, staff will give you a bar code, of which you have to register online using your smartphone. You will then walk to the allocated testing bay and use a Lateral Flow Test (LFT) by swabbing your nose and throat for 5 to 10 seconds. The LFT is a rapid test, which provides results within 30 to 40 minutes. You will receive the results via text message and email.
Zoom information sessions delivered by the Newham council:
- How to get a COVID-19 test when you have symptoms
- Testing when you do not have symptoms of COVID-19
- Why are we testing people without symptoms?
- Where are the testing sites?
- How to book a test
- What to do when you arrive at a testing site
- Support available to you if you are asked to self-isolate
Where can I get tested?
Rapid Covid-19 testing is available at the following sites 7 days a week, from 10am-7pm:
- Vicarage Lane Community Centre, Govier Close, E15 4HW
- Katherine Road Community Centre, 254 Katherine Road, E7 8PN
- Jack Cornwall Community Centre, Jack Cornwall Street, E12 5NN
- Jeyes Community Centre, 1 James Close, E13 9BB
- Ascot Community Centre, Hermit Road, E16 4PL
- Durning Hall Community Centre, Earlham Grove, E7 9AB
How to book an appointment?
You can book a rapid test via the link below. Remember to bring confirmation of your appointment with you when you arrive for your test.
Video explanation of COVID-19 testing for adults with learning disabilities