The event promoted lively discussion, approximately 100 people from all 3 boroughs attended. Attendees were both familiar with one or more of Barts Health NHS Trust Hospital sites through personal experiences as patients, carers, relatives and visitors ensuring health services across the boroughs remain ‘fit for purpose’ meeting local needs and demand.
Several comments highlighted that mental health appeared to be the ‘poor relation’ in health services.
Attendees at the workshops expressed their concerns about the poor quality of some of the buildings and facilities – voicing their anxiety that there was not enough money allocated to run a safe and effective NHS.
- Several attendees suggested the involvement of pharmacies in TSCL.
- Redbridge was identified for having a good model of hearing the child’s voice; good early intervention and cover immunisation existed.
- Improve communication between services and patients
- Improve communication between providers
- Ensure proper staffing levels, morale and good staff are retained
- Streamlined booking system across medical services
- Coordinate health services with other services in the community